Program Management Support
GBSI is happy to facilitate the work of managers working under very difficult conditions – impossible milestones, budget problems, time constraints. We provide the tools, methodologies and resources to help streamline and automate management tasks for our clients. Our experienced program managers help provide clear direction, timely response, efficiency, and flexibility to meet the requirements and milestones of even the most difficult project.
We provide risk and opportunity management, strategic planning and performance monitoring, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, scheduling and program reviews. We also provide acquisition support and earned value management.
Business Process Improvement
GBSI’s business process improvement and re-engineering service aims to streamline operations and eliminate inefficiencies. GBSI first determines the problem areas by looking at how an organization or team works together, considering the organization's or team's goals or purpose. It begins by reviewing existing processes and procedures, determines problem areas and improves or re-engineers how tasks are performed. Where necessary, we remove old processes then develop and implement new processes, policies and procedures. GBSI uses industry best practices, tools and proven methodologies for process improvement to streamline work processes and procedures to achieve significant improvement in quality, time management, and cost. We provide a feedback loop for continuous process improvement. Our tools include the Deming methodology for quality management, the Balanced Score Card, Porter’s Five Forces, etc. GBSI’s approach follows these steps:
- Observe how team/organization works together
- Review existing processes and procedures;
- Compare existing processes/procedures to industry best practices;
- Identify problem areas and any constraints;
- Re-design processes and policies for organization’s review and acceptance;
- Identify capabilities and limitations to implement new processes;
- Determine attendant implementation cost and timelines;
- Quantification of financial impact of process redesign; and
- Implement changes with a built-in feedback loop for continuous process improvement.
The procurement, maintenance, distribution, and replacement of personnel and materiel can be daunting and challenging even in the best of circumstances. GBSI can provide services in the planning, design, and support of business operations of procurement, purchasing, inventory, warehousing, distribution, transportation, customer support, financial and human resources.